Thursday 23 July 2015

Turkey

No comments:
 


I've just come back from an incredible holiday in Turkey. Me and my friend Lauren for the last 2 years have booked and gone on a last minute holiday. last year we went to cyprus which we booked the week before we went,this year we were alittle more organised and we booked a month before. Both holidays have cost us around 300 pounds each which is amazing. We have never been bothered about the destination, all we want is sun, so therefore we just go to wherever has the best deal. This year it was turkey, we stayed in Gumbet which is just outside Bodrum. This resort is known for being abit more lively but I would defiantly say it wasn't. As this was my first time going to turkey I didnt really know what to expect. I have always thought of turkey as being unsafe and bit run down (don't know why) however this was not the case, the beaches were amazing, the sea water was super clear and the people were so friendly. We managed to get a lovely hotel, it was small with only 50 rooms but it was very modern and clean. One day we went on a boat trip which took us across to camel beach (not sure where this is located), we got to ride camels and jump into the sea and swim with fish. I do have a fear of the sea and swimming with fish was always something I felt scared of (didnt fancy getting my toe sucked by a fish ewwwww) but I managed to get in the water and I'm so glad I did, it was a great experience. The hotel hosted a turkish themed evening, we got to try a lot of the local delicacy and were even made to belly dance. The rest of the time we just relaxed by the pool and sunbathed it was that hot that we had to jump in the pool pretty much ever couple of minutes. 

This was a holiday I will always remember and I would definitely return to turkey.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff